Planning a summer road trip? Before you and your family gear up to hit the road, we want to remind everyone to put their safety first and foremost! With more people on the roads, the summer months are among the most dangerous for drivers. Here are a few tips to help you plan a safer summer road trip.
Summer Road Trip Safety
- Schedule a Tune-Up – Schedule a checkup for your car before you head out for a long trip. Inspect the tires, brakes, lights, and fluids to make sure that your automobile is in good shape for the drive ahead. You should also make sure that your windshield wipers are in good condition so that you can see clearly when driving through summer rains.
- Take a Break – If you will be driving for a long time, take breaks at rest stops. This will help reduce fatigue on a long trip! When you are well-rested, you are more alert.
- Research Your Route – Take a look at a map before heading out. Don’t just rely on your GPS! It is important to have an idea of where you are going in the event something goes wrong, your GPS fails, there is an accident blocking your route, etc.
- Wear Your Seat Belt – It should go without saying, but always make sure that you are wearing a seat belt when operating a vehicle.
- Be Aware of Other Drivers – Always keep your eyes on the road and the drivers around you. Avoid distractions (texting, changing the radio station) to make sure that you don’t weave into other cars and that they don’t weave into you.
In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is involved in a car accident while driving this summer, contact our office. Our experienced attorneys are here to help ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to for your accident. Give us a call at 1.888.GOT.HURT for a free consultation. Our lines are always open!
For more information about Levine and Wiss, visit www.lawpllc.com.