Motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries that require hospital care and lengthy rehabilitation. If you or someone that you love has recently been involved in an accident, you will want to follow these steps to ensure care and compensation.
After a Motorcycle Accident:
- Call 911 – First and foremost, you need to take care of your health. Motorcycle accidents can be very dangerous – you don’t have a barrier of protective metal around you like you would in a car. If you are injured, be sure to take care of yourself.
- Report the Accident – Make sure that the accident is documented. A police officer will be able to record the details of the accident and help you determine if legal action is required.
- Take Photos – If you can, take photos of the scene. This will help you better present your case later on.
- Call Your Insurance Company – Let your insurance company know about your accident as soon as you can. They will determine how much compensation you will receive for your vehicle damage and medical care.
- Contact an Attorney – If you have any questions about your compensation or your insurance company is giving you a hard time, you’ll need to contact an attorney. They will be able to help you fight for the compensation that you are entitled to.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you speak with an experienced attorney. At Levine and Wiss, we have over 40 years of combined experience and we know how to build an effective legal strategy. Visit our website to learn more about our practice areas and specialization in motorcycle crashes.
We offer FREE consultations — give us a call at 1-888-GOT-HURT!